Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Did you eatta someting?!?! Yes, I spelled it like that on purpose.


My sister reminded me of my trip to a Chinese restaurant in town (Bloomington) after she read my last blog about my dining experience at Cracker Barrel. Soooooooo here it goes...

This took place over a year ago. Me and a friend were having lunch at a local Chinese buffet and we were experiencing quite the horrible service. The waiter took their time about getting our drinks. When I was ready for a refill she had brought over a picture of a drop of flat Sprite to fill my glass. I asked if I could have a fresh glass of Sprite and of course I got attitude. Just not a fun experience. So, we finally get the bill and I go up to pay. The manager was at the register and on her cell phone. She's reaching for my bill and I'm trying to signal to her that I want to talk to her. She had me stand there for a couple of minutes while she finished up her phone conversation. How rude?!?! She finally gets off and I simply try to explain to her what terrible service I've received at her restaurant today. I also had complained to her about being on her phone when I'm trying to converse with her. Of course this made her mad. She yells to me that I didn't have to pay the tip. I told her I already knew that...tips are always optional. I'm still trying to talk to her when she asks me if I ate something. This is how she said it (imagine it in a lady's voice who's native language is Chinese), "Did you eatta someting?! If you eatta someting den you pay bill." All I got to say was "no" and she cuts me off again this time picking up the tray that my bill was in and throwing it at me. I know crazy. I hurried up and moved out of the way before the thing hit me. I felt my eyes get big and my fists starting to clinch tightly. I immediately ran out of the restaurant and got in my car to go home. This lady was nuts! She sent out her little worker people to take my license plate number.

To make this long story shorter...the police showed up at my house a week later and told me I had to pay the bill. I explained to them what had happened. I was ready to pay the bill. I had the cash in my hand when I was standing there talking to her but she got a little to feisty for my liking and therefore I felt it was better for me to leave than to stay. I vowed I would not step back in that restaurant again and I haven't. I did pay the bill. My friend was at my house when the police showed up and they went and paid the bill for me. Man, talk about a crazy experience. The police were really nice about it and understood why I left but legally I still owed for the stupid meal.

That's another one of my experiences with people in this world. That's just the way it is...

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy Sarah. I know I've heard this story before, but I forgot how absolutely crazy it was. One word...WOW! I can't believe she threw a tray at you. She should have been sued :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!!