Thursday, October 8, 2009

Old blog draft I found


It seems that back in January (Jan. 7th, 2009) I started a blog about being single and never finished. Didn't realize that this website keeps a draft for you and then you can go back and finish it later. Boy oh boy, the draft seems so funny now. Here's what it said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is has been on my mind for quite some time especially lately...singleness. Hmmmm, I like to think of myself as the typical girly girl that can totally create an "estrogen cloud" (a coworker made that up) when we're discussing babies, guys, fashion, or little juicy stories. I played with Barbies growing up and didn't want to do anything that would make me sweat! Ewww...still don't want to but for different reasons (I think it's called laziness). LOL Anyway, that means I dreamed of having a big wedding and a big dress and it would just be the best day ever. Don't get me wrong, I do still want that day to exist but instead of a big dress I think I want a very hot and sexy dress. This is all being written to say that last year I soooo wanted to start dating with the hopes of getting married soon. Well, apparently that didn't happen. It was like as soon as 2009 came I really realized that I LOVE being single. That was also brought on by spending a week and a half with my sister, brother-in-law and their 5 kids. lol I told them that the kids are 1. the perfect birth control 2. makes me appreciate not having children 3. makes me appreciate being single.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've been dating for 6 months (not really a long time but long enough) and my views have definitely changed a bit. I was recently inquiring of God as to why women want to be married and have children. I think just about every woman has had that desire at some point in her life. Come on, we all use to play house and we would always have a husband and a bunch of kids. In my house playing days we would always, and I do mean ALWAYS, make a special trip to Disney World. LOL Anyway, I realized that that's how God made us. When God created Adam he could have left it at that...Adam, animals, and God. Noooooo, God said that Adam shouldn't be alone. Well, Adam didn't know what loneliness was but God created Eve just for him. It's in our nature to not want to be alone and to feel loved from someone else. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a husband, children, a huge wedding, a big ring, blah blah blah.

I think I'm rambling now. I find myself thinking about these things now that I'm dating with the strong possibility of marrying this man. Good feeling...

2 comments:

  1. LOL! You seriously took trips to Disney World when you played house! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL We did! I'm not the only one in my family who likes Disney World. Okay, maybe I'm the only one who LOVES it but I think I may have my little nephew in love now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!!