Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the season...


...to be jolly! Fa la la la la la la la la!! I'm sooo excited about Christmas being next week...10 days to be exact. I will be spending Christmas and New Year's with Carmund and his family and friends. 2 whole weeks I'll be there and can't wait! Let's not forget the gift giving...yep, I bought gifts this year. I'm not one to buy gifts but when I do look out cuz they are good ones. Well, at least I think they are. Anyway, this will be the second Christmas I won't be spending with my family.

Year before last - Christmas '07 - I drove myself to Orlando, FL and spent 5 days at Walt Disney World by myself. It was great! I stayed at one of my favorite resorts there, The Rosen Shingle Creek Golf Resort. It was absolutely beautiful and they have the best beds I've ever slept in. The best Christmas gift I received EVER was when during this trip I was at Epcot on Christmas morning and there was a kid (around 6 years old) throwing the tantrum and of tantrums. Now, I'm thinking, "you're at Disney World on Christmas morning! He doesn't know how lucky he is to be there." Anyway, he proceeds to fall out and kick and scream bloody murder. THEN he kicked his mother and hit her!!! I stopped dead in my tracks and crossed my arms. I wanted to see how this mother was going to handle this situation. I could tell she was embarrassed. She first tried to be nice and get him up. He was still having a fit and eventually she started whipping him in the middle of Epcot on Christmas morning! :) YES!!! I surely wasn't going to stop her. After working at WDW for several months and seeing some of the most ungrateful children throw tantrums I always wondered where the good children were...they surely were not at Disney World. Of course, the parents never hit the kids. This mom had enough and resulted in spanking this little boy. I looked up to heaven and smiled and knew that Christmas Day of '07 was going to be one of the best days ever.

Anyway, Christmas 2009 will be a Christmas to remember. That's the way it is...

1 comment:

  1. LOL...that was one brave mother. Whenever I'm in public I think about those horror stories where the parent is arrested for laying a hand on the kid.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!!