Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here's a tip!

So, I decided to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch today. I am not the biggest fan of this restaurant but felt like I needed vegetables and I like what they have to offer. I got to the restaurant at sat down at exactly 1:59pm. Why did I not see my waiter until 2:12pm?! I was just about to pick my purse up and walk out but he came just in time. He was some young kid that more than likely didn't like his job. He came over as if nothing was wrong. He asked me if I wanted something to drink and I told him yes and that I also wanted something to eat! Dumb kid...by the way his name is Jake (just remembered). Anyway, I give him my order and he walks away. Well it took him another 4 minutes to come back with iced tea when I asked for water with lemon. He slightly slammed the cup on my table but I ignored it for that moment and told him I ordered water. He said oh and walked away then came back with my water. Another 3 minutes has passed and he finally comes out with my food. Now, I am 99.9% sure that their vegetables are already cooked and ready to be placed on a plate and served to the customer. Why did it take so long?!?! I wanted to take that bowl of pinto beans and throw it at Jake. I said, "Jake, do you want a tip today?" He says, "that's why I'm here." Didn't like his response so I told him I would give him his tip right then. He looks at me and I look at him and I say, "there's an 80% chance of rain for tonight you may want to carry an umbrella." Every time I tell this to people it cracks me up...now don't judge me!! He was a crappy waiter and if he thought for one minute he was going to get my hard earned money he had another thing coming. Technically, I gave him a tip...and a good one. He just looked at me as I laughed. I told him the food was fine and he walked away slightly confused. Of course after that he became much nicer because he really did want a tip. I ended up leaving him a dollar...the meal was only 7 bucks anyway! That's just the way it is.

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious!!! Only You! imma need you to stop eating out! You have too many troubles when you go out to eat, hint "Chinese" restaurant! LOL That's what you should post! That story is a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I will have to post that story next. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should've gave him a tip about his behavior! He needs to understand that his service was inadequate customer service. You're funny!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!!