Monday, October 5, 2009

Flowers galore!

A week ago today my incredible boyfriend showed up at my job and surprised me with six bouquets of flowers! It was the sweetest thing. It was our 6 month anniversary and he wanted to do something special for me. I remember him vaguely mentioning the week before that he was going to embarass me but I didn't think much about it. So, here's how it went down...

I was at my desk doing work (duh, I'm at work) and my cell phone rings. It's Carmund calling me to tell me to come downstairs. I was a bit nervous, because he normally doesn't do things like that. He's showed up at my job several times before with flowers but it's been after work. Anyway, I go out into our parking lot and there he is with a dozen red roses. I hug him and give him a kiss.



Then he runs off to his car, which was parked at the end of the lot, and then reappears with another bouquet of flowers this time there were sunflowers. I hug him again then off he goes to come back with another bouquet of fall colored flowers. He stood there and said, "Happy Monday, Babe!"




He runs off again and comes back with yet another bouquet and a bag. It was a bouquet of gerbera daisies and in the bag was a nice vase. Of course, this whole time I'm thinking how in the world am I going to have vases for all of these flowers and one vase isn't enough. My only option is to keep them at work and use the vases we have there.



Anyway, he runs off yet again and comes back with a bouquet of gladiolus flowers...so pretty!





We hug again then he runs off one more time! LOL This time he comes back with a bouquet of yet another fall colored flower scheme.



He was so cute doing all of this. I could tell he enjoyed himself very much. After he leaves I go back inside the office and realized that I have to cut the stems of all the flowers and find vases for them. Now the "real fun" can begin. I spent the next 30-40 minutes cutting stems and trying to figure out which vase would work best for each bouquet. I ended up combining 2 bouquets together. I took them all by my desk and spread them vases around the room so that everyone could enjoy the love. :-)

I feel so blessed to have a man who is thoughtful and romantic.


1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet Sarah! And it sounds like a ton of work. Go Carmund for your sweetness :) He must know how much you love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message!!